Enoki Mushroom Noodles
I love the idea of veggie noodles. These are one of my favorite ways to make them as a hardcore mushroom lover. They really have a noodle-like consistency. I like adding carrots + onion, but feel free to throw in any veggies (or protein!) of your choice. I top mine off with a slightly runny egg. It’s perfection.
Makes 1 large serving
- 3.5 ounce package of enoki mushrooms
- 1/2 a small carrot, peeled like noodles
- 1/4 of a small onion, very thinly sliced (again like noodles)
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1-2 (to taste) Tablespoons of coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- S + P to taste
- Egg of preferred cooking method – for this dish I like over easy or poached
Trim the mushrooms + pull them apart into single pieces. If you’ve never had enoki mushrooms you’ll see what I’m talking about. They usually have a base you trim off like celery. Give them a wash. Add your oil to a non-stick pan or skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots + onion first to start to cook them down. About 1 minute or 2, then add your mushrooms. Add the coconut aminos (or soy), give it a mix + cook for another minute or so until everything has softened. Sprinkle with salt +/or pepper to taste add your egg + enjoy!