Balsamic Avocado Mushroom Toast
This recipe was created from my love for both mushrooms + traditional avocado toast. The key here is the tahini + garlic I use in the avo spread. This little toast has so much flavor + is perfect for a quick lunch or hearty snack.
Makes 2 Toasts
- 1 cup of mushrooms of choice
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 heaping tablespoon of tahini
- Squeeze of ½ a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (more or less depending on preference)
- 2 slices of bread of choice (I like Ezekiel and Dave’s Killer)
- Olive oil +/or vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon of really good balsamic vinegar for finishing
Brown your mushrooms on both sides over medium heat using a little olive oil +/or a 1 teaspoon of vegan butter.
Using a fork, smash your avocado until smooth. Mix in your lemon juice, tahini, garlic, + S+P to taste. Toast or grill your bread to your liking. Spread your avocado mixture evenly over both slices. Top with mushrooms + drizzle in your balsamic. Eat immediately.