This oat milk is SO easy + insanely cost effective. You really just need natural rolled oats + water. I’ve listed my suggested add ins as well. Be sure to use very cold water so your milk doesn’t get a gelatinous texture.
Makes about 12-16 ounces
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 cups of very cold water
- A few dashes of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup
Other possible add ins…
- 1-2 tablespoons of cacao for a chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract for a vanilla milk
- Extra maple syrup or a date if you want a sweeter milk
Blend the first four ingredients (+ any add ins) for about 30 seconds. You’ll need to strain well through a wire strainer or nut/cheese cloth. If using a strainer like I do, you will need to strain several times. You’ll also need to shake up your milk a bit before using as some settling is normal. You can store for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Not the best for heating (e.g. hot chocolate) as it can again, become a bit gelatinous.