This recipe is just so perfect. It has just the right amount of richness but with the freshness of lemon to make this dish well-balanced + a great summer meal. Bonus: It takes less than 20 minutes to throw together.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 pound of linguine cooked al dente
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1/2 cup of onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (you can also just use extra parm)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water
- S + P to taste
Toss noodles with the fresh lemon juice + a little oil (to keep from sticking). Set aside. Heat your olive oil in a non-stick pan to medium heat. Add lemon zest, onion, garlic. Cook until softened, 2-3 minutes. Slowly whisk in your cream. Add parm + nutritional yeast and reduce heat. Cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Add noodles. Toss until combined. As needed, add reserved pasta water until you have your deserved consistency. Season very well with salt + pepper. Enjoy immediately.